Thursday, March 11, 2010

Change of Season

Almost two weeks ago, I received a call from a friend from church checking in to see how I was doing and warning me of an impending monster she wasn't sure I knew about yet.....the change of seasons.  She told me just to know that sometimes for whatever reason, the change of seasons could be hard on your emotions when you are grieving.  She wasn't kidding.  And, I am glad I had the warning although I still don't get why it all happens that way.  I have been a mess.  Sleep is a roll of the dice again each night and I tend to swing pretty close to the ceiling again.  I will be happy for the days when my feet and my emotions are planted much more closely to the ground.  Although we will see when that comes because with this change of season comes a new decade for me and my first birthday without my Mom.  It could be ugly.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering if there was a correlation with your birthday. I always wondered why the seasons affected my grieving. Maybe because it put more distance between me and my parents. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete