Monday, September 27, 2010

The Birthday

Mom's birthday is Friday.  And, while I don't have the same sense of impending doom that I did last year, I can honestly say  I am not looking forward to it.  While I am getting used to the fact that she isn't here, birthdays continue to send me for a loop.  They were such a BIG DEAL in our family and she and I were the reason why. 

Made a little trip into Nordstrom on Friday and it really made me miss her.  Need to get a few new things, including some smaller jeans, and was wishing that she was there to help me.  I, of course, didn't buy anything, b/c I never do anymore, but sure did make me miss her.

Thinking about her birthday has made me have this whole different wonder too...how do they celebrate birthdays in heaven?  And, do they celebrate your real birthday (the day you were born) or do they celebrate the day you were given everlasting life (the day you died)?  Not sure why, but those two questions have been puzzling me this weekend.  Or, do you not celebrate either in heaven b/c you have been given everlasting life?  

1 comment:

  1. Love the questions at the end. I love your blog and love to see your emotions through it. I'm sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what it's like but I get a glimpse of what you are going through...you are awesome for honoring your mom through your words!

    ReplyDelete