Monday, February 8, 2010

Thank God for dogs.

As many of you know, I love dogs....especially mine.  In fact, I am not sure what I would do without mine.  One of the lingering feelings since the loss of my Mom is loneliness.  I can be lonely surrounded by 100 people and I can be lonely when I am home alone.  However, I can always count on one if not both of my 'girls' to bring me comfort.  My husband thinks that both of our dogs are exceptionally needy...and maybe they are.  However, I wouldn't trade them for anything.  They are excellent company and very good at knowing when I need some snuggling.  In fact, I think their full time job is to search for snuggling opportunities.  I know that Claire waits for me to sit down with my laptop before she tries to climb on my lap.  And, that's ok with me....except for when she decides to lay her head on the keyboard.  That doesn't work out very well.

My Mom loved dogs too.  In fact, in  my idea of heaven, there are lots of dogs.  They are all wonderful, sweet, loyal animals that never shed and snuggle on request.  In fact,I would like to think that everyone gets their own dog when they arrive if they want.  In my corner of heaven, there aren't any cats....

No comments:

Post a Comment