Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thoughts on the New Year.

Hard to believe that another year has passed and that 2011 will soon be upon us.  I still remember the fun times of celebrating 2000 with a party out on a farm that involved lots of underage drinking and cartwheels with roman candles....but those of you that know me, know that I was only involved in the drinking...no lighting fireworks here.

I am more than pleased with how 2010 has gone.  I have had plenty of overwhelming moments thanks to a career change and missing my Mom.  But, I wouldn't change it for anything.  I have grown A LOT this year, emotionally, spiritually, physically, and in my relationships.  I am thankful for that growth and for moving on when necessary.

There is something everyday that reminds me of my Mom and how much I miss her.  Today it was new sunglasses and new lipstick.  She would have liked both selections.

As I look to 2011, it is time to set out the goals.  I am not much into the resolutions more into looking into the next year on the whole.  I have lots of great ideas and things that will challenge me, teach me, and enrich me.

In no certain order.

1.  More trips with my husband--goal of 3-4 trips with just the two of us.
2.  Sell 4-5 million in real estate.
3.  Continue running.  Goal of running 4-5 5ks and 1-2 10ks.
4.  Continue to improve my health by losing the last 15lbs I want to lose.
5.  Read more non-fiction.  At least one non fiction book/month.
6.  Blog 2x/week.
7.  Go on a mission trip.
8.  Go on a family trip with each of our families
9.  Take more pictures
10.  Kitchen update at the new house--see you later you POS 25 yr old appliances.
11.  Use the VitaMix daily.
12.  Continue to cook/eat at home at least 5 nights a week
13.  Take a class...in something that interests me.

So, that's the scoop.  It's going to be a good year.  Lots of good things to come...I can feel it.

Now...back to my wine.

1 comment:

  1. Book club should be a help with at least one of these! Also - I'm doing the Groundhog Run 10K at the end of Jan. if you want to join!!

    ReplyDelete